Sunday 1 December 2013

Week 8: Project Report Draft



Week 8: PROJECT REPORT

As usual, week 8 started with readings. But let say it was mainly characterized by the project report draft. We’ve done also various tasks such as creating a class site. I created a space for the students to record their voice and post it. 

In my discuss I focus on many online tools very good for learner autonomy. And I chose creating a blog for example to be feasible with my context and the intermediate students. This blog will be useful for out of class activities because, we do not have a computer in the classroom. So, students can go to cyber café, if there are activities. They may also find there their topics.

I learned more about ANVILL, a useful tool for language practice. This material is set by Jeff Magoto, Director of the language Center at UO, our honorable guest this week. I would like to familiar with it because I want to enhance students speaking skills. It has text, voice and video recording that will be useful for the students. I am still thirsty because I did not exploit ANVILL as I wish due to the bad Internet connection.

As for the project report task, this week we were called to write a draft of the report and send it to a peer reader and in return to read and give feedback to a partner’s report.
I posted my first draft and I have given feedback to my peer reader. My project is about how to enhance the intermediate students speaking skills using a technology tool (voxopop). There are many things to add and restructure. 

I do believe that with the collaboration of colleagues I will come up with an acceptable project report.

Bernadette

3 comments:

  1. Hello Bernadette,

    I like your project draft. Although it is something we do not use much, speaking skills, but I'm very much interested in it and feel the loss.
    In our country more stress is given on Reading and Writing Skills, rather than Speaking and Listening. So, through our course whenever there was an article on Speaking and Listening, after reading it I was unable to use it in class. It is truly a pity. However, no learning goes for a waste and I firmly believe that some time soon I'll be able to put them into use.

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful project...I've enjoyed going through it.

    Best,
    Paramita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bernadette,
    You chose option to create a blog for the class page . It is a better idea where there are not much opportunities to use computers and internet. The situation of my place is approximately similar to you so I also created a blog for my students. They use the blog for additional resources for English Language. They can find the links useful for them through the blog.
    Your reflections are of high quality and efforts are great.
    Good luck
    Tika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Bernadette,

    as you rightly said, week 8 started with readings of the project report and plans drafts by all members of this program whether an author or a reviewer. It is a very good strategy because the draft is reviewed constructively on uniform templates. I am trying to complete my tasks to because the Internet connection and power supply has been very bad these days. My discussion on an online tool is the youtube videos that can enhance teaching and learning and is very good for learner autonomy while developing skills in listening, reading and writing and at the same time develop new vocabulary.

    www.colorelt.org - Unit 3: Grammar Games for Fun also creates a relax atmosphere for the learners as play is an irresistible urge in learners.

    I also read a lot about ANVILL, a useful tool for language practice especially in the arts class and during drama lessons. I would like to familiar myself with it because it enhances students speaking, listening and reading skills. I am also very curious about it and will explore it if the connections stay good today


    Successful final project/plan
    Faatu

    ReplyDelete