Thursday 12 December 2013

WEEK10:TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATION, ADVICE AND FAREWELLS



Week 10: Wrap-up

This week is the last one but not the least. We discuss about the integration of technology in teaching.
Of course integrating technology in teaching is a plus value and a necessity today. Integrating technology in a given lesson helps increase students’ motivation for learning, enhance their communicative skills, and facilitate higher-order thinking skills…
We also provide future participants with some pieces of advice. I think to summarize the advice that I provide them with that they need a strong will. 

I can’t help myself to congratulate Courtney and all the lovely staff for their patience, their love of what they are doing. Congratulation to us dear participants of the Webskills 2013, for our successful travel. Million thanks to the organizers of this great online course. 

During 10 weeks, I learned tons and tons of new things: creating blog, wiki, Padlet, delicious…, new websites. I am so satisfied and so grateful. I can confess that I feel myself changed; my teaching practices have hugely changed from traditional lecture to learner centeredness and learner autonomy. Now, I have unlimited ways and means to engage students, to motivate them. I discovered lots of techniques to teach my large larges without killing myself and at the same time giving the learners fun to learn. My students impressed and surprised me with their openness to changes. 

The course as a whole was successful and useful, but if I consider my teaching context I may choose learner-centeredness, autonomous learner, effective large classes teaching, one computer classroom as the most successful and useful topics. I am decided to experiment all the tools learned during this online course, not in a single lesson but gradually in different lessons.

I suggest that next time if it is possible to introduce Skype especially how to make a conference through Skype.

Farewell to you all,
Big hug, missing you already.
Bernadette

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bernadette,
    It all missing this time and how much have we gained from this course, wonderful right? So, lets all hope that we will take this learning a life time experiences and will continue to feel the fever of Webskills for all times in our carrier.
    Nice that you have also pointed out about Skype to have a video or voice conferencing, even i was thinking on that part to at least have one or two such conferencing during our course.
    Lets hope that future participants will avail this opportunity.

    Happy new year to you, miss you and yes big hug to you.

    Regards,
    Sanjiv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bernadette,
    I agree that we have some changes in our way of teaching with the help of this course. We hope this change will bring some positive colours in our teaching.
    With best wishes,
    Batuk Lal Tamang

    ReplyDelete