Saturday 7 December 2013

Week 9: LEARNING STYLES AND TECHNOLOGY



Week 9: LEARNING STYLES AND TECHNOLOGY

Hello everyone!
This week we had a discussion about learning styles and technology. I learned very useful information through the readings. I learned about different styles and strategies. I read about technologies that can match with each learning style.
 
Gardner distinguishes 9 types of intelligences nowadays which are:
1.      Verbal linguistic
2.      Logical
3.      Mathematical
4.      Kinesthetic
5.      Visual
6.      Musical
7.      Interpersonal
8.      Naturalist
9.      Existentialist

Knowing all these intelligences helps the teacher design a course by integrating all of them. Students are different from each other. So, taking into account this difference may help the students. A variety of tools are available to help us or to sustain: PPT, movies, video, photos, blog, social network, puzzles.
Another very important point is to vary the activities in a given lesson. In doing so we are sure to cater for learners with different learning styles.
Http://www.edutopia.org/multiple-intelligences-learningstyles-quiz. Through this link I learned my own learning style. Here is the link to access to my learning style: http://www.edutopia.org/node/6140/done?sid=3893146 The result shows that I am a naturalist learner, while I was thinking I am a visual learner.
I tried with the help of my peer reader to polish my project report. I have posted the final project report in our class wiki. The project is about how to enhance students speaking skills using technology.
I also fill out a course evaluation form in which I expressed all my gratefulness for this online course. Million thanks to our brave INSTRUCTOR Courtney. Thanks to you all dear colleagues.
Best regards,
Bernadette

No comments:

Post a Comment